“The Scripture says people will know true Christians by their fruit (see Matthew 7:15–23). They’re not going to know us by how many scriptures we quote. They’re not going to know us by how many Christian bumper stickers we have on our car. People are going to really know that we’re believers when we’re helping other people, meeting needs, doing good works, when we are blessing people with our words and our actions.”
This means that no matter how much you display yourself or brag as a "good person" that ultimately actions speak louder than words. I have been trying to do this in not only my everyday life but also my professional life because I hate seeing others put colleagues down due to their inability to show a "Masters degree" or have "lack of experience". Truth be told, we are all put on this earth for a reason. I appreciate the garbage men/women because there's no way I personally could do their job and same goes for a firefighter. This does not mean I have a lack of respect for them but acknowledge that I am not the fit for their position and I'm grateful for those that are. I've been degraded before because of my personal ability to accommodate people (friends, family, clients, etc.) but I do so because I want to show them that I am not only a professional, daughter, friend, or niece but also a human being. It's something that I think everyone should take a step back and re-evaluate in their own personal life. No one is better than anyone else, you can't change people, we all have a purpose on this earth, and it's our duty to live the life we have to the fullest. Therefore, here's the challenge, although it's an easy concept to recognize but often a hard one to adhere to, step out of your comfort zone and push yourself to respect others as you'd like to be treated. Yes, we've all heard it but have you formally made your actions speak louder than words? Are you honestly treating those around you as you'd like to be treated?
On a fun-final-day-of-radiation-celebration note, I had a great time at dinner tonight with one of my oldest friends, Ali. It's that type of friendship in which you can go a length of time without talking but as soon as you're together it's as if you've gone 1 day without communication. Hooray for good, wholesome friends...and just for Ali, HERE'S TO YOU MAGOO :) I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather and fun football season!
![]() |
| Oh, Hi 18 year old Ali and Jenna! |

No comments:
Post a Comment